Development of a new anti-inflammatory pharmacological approach for the treatment of septic shock
- Development of a new anti-inflammatory pharmacological approach for the treatment of septic shock
- Starting date
- September 1, 2006
- Duration (months)
- Managers or local contacts
- Septic shock, Leukocyte recruitment, Cytokine, Oxidative stress, Signal transduction
- Identification and characterization of novel V-ATPases inhibitors able to interfere adhesive and pro-inflammatory activities of leukocytes in in vitro assays.
- Effect of V-ATPase inhibitors on rapid integrin activation and dependent adhesion
- Effect of V-APTase inhibitors on chemotaxis
- Effect of V-APTase inhibitors on generation of oxygen free-radicals (oxidative stress)
- Effect of V-ATPase inhibitors on pro-inflammatory cytokine production
- Pharmacological characterization of the capability of V-ATPases inhibitors onset and/or to reduce the severity of septic shock in animal models.
- Effect of V-ATP-ase inhibitors on onset and progression of septic shock
- Identification of compound-related activity, best dosage and toxic effect
Funds: assigned and managed by the department