MicroRNAs in the modulation of neutrophils and monocytes responses to pro- and anti-inflammatory stimuli.
- MicroRNAs in the modulation of neutrophils and monocytes responses to pro- and anti-inflammatory stimuli.
- Starting date
- September 1, 2007
- Duration (months)
- Managers or local contacts
- PMN, Monocytes, miRNA, LPS. Interleukin-10
The present project aims at characterizing the miRNAs expression profile in primary human neutrophils (PMNs) and monocyte and at exploiting the relevance of specific miRNAs in the response of these cells to microbial products and endogenous mediators present at the site of inflammation. In particular we will investigate:
- the expression pattern of all identified human miRNAs in human PMNs and monocytes freshly purified from peripheral blood;
- the modulation of the miRNAs expression profile in PMNs and monocytes in response to microbial products and cytokines known to condition the inflammatory microenvironment and to modulate the responses of cells of the immune system;
- the functional relevance of upregulated and downregulated miRNAs in the global response of these cells to both pro- and/or anti-inflammatory stimuli.
Funds: assigned and managed by the department
CSS e script comuni siti DOL - frase 9957